This week, we had our ‘Fantastic Finish’ in Primary. Classrooms opened their doors and invited parents in to see all the awesome things that the students had been working on this half semester. We had a range of exciting activities including:
- Ink drawings of The Twits in the style of Quentin Blake
- Jam tasting from The Wolves in the Walls
- Chocolate Making and an Oompa Loompa dance from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- Science experiments relating to sound and vision from The BFG
- Business presentations from student-led companies inspired by the inventions in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
It was truly a fantastic finish to the topic and I was delighted to see how many parents came to celebrate their children’s successes. This week many parents have also started using the Interactive Learning Diary (ILD), and it has been great to see parents uploading their children’s academic achievements at home and sharing their success at school.