Music at Bromsgrove
Curricular and Co-curricular music together form the basis of an integrated, practical and engaging approach to musical learning at Bromsgrove. Our students develop their skills, knowledge and understanding of music through a combination of performing, creating, listening and appraising. All students from Reception through to Year 9 receive specialist music lessons as part of their timetabled learning, with a number of students going on to study Music and Music Technology at GCSE and A Level. Our co-curricular opportunities include individual music lessons, orchestras, choirs and a rock school, as well as participation in FOBISIA and TISAC events.
At Bromsgrove we ASPIRE to make music learning…
- Ambitious – all learners are encouraged and challenged to achieve their potential.
- Sociable – learning is collaborative and with friends.
- Progressive – music learning experiences are varied and high quality, with clear progression routes.
- Inclusive – everyone is a musician and can learn and develop at their own level and in their own way.
- Relevant – learners discover music that they engage and identify with, across a range of genres and styles.
- Engaging – learning is practical, hands-on and fun!
Bromsgrove Music Academy
Bromsgrove Music Academy offers high-quality music tuition to all students in Years 2 to 13. Lessons are delivered by full time Bromsgrove staff and visiting teachers from 2 Learn Music, in association with the UK’s Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM).
Tuition is available in voice, piano, ukulele, classical guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass guitar, drum kit, violin, cello, flute, clarinet and saxophone. Lessons during the school day has the full support of class and subject teachers. The 30-minute lessons are scheduled on rotation to ensure minimal disruption to academic lessons. Priority for after school lessons will be given to Secondary students and students at Grade 4 level and above.
- New Starter / Grade 1-3 (Beginner) – 30 minutes: THB 600
- New Starter / Grade 1-3 (Beginner) – 60 minutes (after school only): THB 1200
- Grade 4-5 (Intermediate) – 30 minutes: THB 700
- Grade 4-5 (Intermediate) – 60 minutes (after school only): THB 1400
- Grade 6-8 (Advanced) – 60 minutes (after school only): THB 1600
- ARSM or DipABRSM (Grade 8+) – 60 minutes (after school only): THB 2500