“Personal Data” or “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which an organisation has or is likely to have access. Common examples of personal data could include name, identification number and contact information.
How we collect your personal information
2.1 We will/may collect personal data about you:
- When you visit School as visitor, contractor, suppliers which might require your identification card and necessary information for your attendance and safeguarding reasons.
- When you register, subscribe and/or use our Services or Site
- When you submit any form, including, but not limited to, application forms or other forms relating to any of our products and services, whether online or by way of a physical form;
- When you enter into any agreement or provide other documentation or information in respect of your interactions with us
- When you interact with us, such as via telephone calls (which may be recorded), letters, fax, face-to-face meetings, social media platforms and emails;
- When you use our electronic services, or interact with us via our application or use services on our website. This includes, without limitation, through cookies which we may deploy when you interact with our application or website;
- When you provide us with feedback or complaints;
- When you submit your personal data to us for any reason.
2.2 When you visit, use or interact with the Site, we may collect certain information by automated or passive means using a variety of technologies, which technologies may be downloaded to your device and may set or modify settings on your device. The information we collect may include, without limitation, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, computer/mobile device operating system and browser type, type of mobile device, the characteristics of the mobile device, the unique device identifier (UDID) or mobile equipment identifier (MEID) for your mobile device, the address of a referring website (if any), and the pages you visit on our website and mobile applications and the times of visit. We may collect, use, disclose and/or process this information only for the Purposes (defined below).
Personal Data We Collect
The personal data that we may collect, use, store and share (where appropriate) about you includes, but is not restricted to:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, phone number, address
- Your child information such as child’s name, gender, date of birth, current school as your consent if you will be visiting School as prior appointment with the School admission team.
- Bank account details, payment information and billing address.
- Photographs or CCTV images captured in school.
- Data about your use when you contact School either through email or school phone numbers.
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, how you got to the site, time, day and length of visit and which pages you click on.
Viewing Web Pages
As with most websites, your computer sends information which may include personal data about you that gets logged by a web server when you browse our Site. This typically includes without limitation your computer’s IP address, operating system, browser name/version, the referring web page, requested page, date/time, and sometimes a “cookie” (which can be disabled using your browser preferences) to help the site remember your last visit. If you are logged in, this information is associated with your personal account. The information is also included in anonymous statistics to allow us to understand how visitors use our site.
We may from time to time implement “cookies” or other features to allow us or third parties to collect or share information that will help us improve our Site and the Services we offer, or help us offer new services and features. “Cookies” are identifiers we transfer to your computer or mobile device that allow us to recognize your computer or device and tell us how and when the Services or website are used or visited, by how many people and to track movements within our website. We may link cookie information to personal data. Cookies also link to information regarding what items you have selected for purchase and pages you have viewed. This information is used to keep track of your shopping cart, for example. Cookies are also used to deliver content specific to your interest and to monitor website usage.
Purpose of Personal Data Collection
We may collect, use, disclose and/or process your personal data for one or more of the following purposes.
- To manage, operate, provide and/or administer your use of and/or access to our Services and our website.
- To manage, operate, administer and provide you with as well as to facilitate the provision of our Services, including, without limitation, remembering your preferences.
- To contact you or communicate with you via voice call, text message and/or fax message, telephone, email and/or postal mail or otherwise for the purposes of administering and/or managing your relationship with us or your use of our Services, such as but not limited to communicating administrative information to you relating to our Services. You acknowledge and agree that such communication by us could be by way of the mailing of correspondence, documents or notices to you, which could involve disclosure of certain personal data about you to bring about delivery of the same as well as on the external cover of envelopes/mail packages.
- To conduct research, analysis and development activities (including, but not limited to, data analytics, surveys, product and service development), to analyse how you use our Services, to improve our Services or websites delivered to you.
- Where you give us your prior consent of subscription on website, for marketing and in this regard, to send you by various modes of communication such as postal mail, email, telephone, marketing and promotional information and materials relating to services and/or promotion that School may be marketing or promoting, whether such services exist now or are created in the future.
- To respond to legal processes or to comply with or as required by any applicable law, governmental or regulatory requirements of any relevant jurisdiction, including, without limitation, meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on School.
- To produce statistics and research for internal and statutory reporting and/or record-keeping requirements.
- To audit our Services and/or School safeguarding measures.
- Any other purposes which we notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent.
- To deal with your enquiries or complaints made by or about you relating to our Services and/or our website.
As the purposes for which we will/may collect, use, disclose or process your personal data depend on the circumstances at hand, such purpose may not appear above. However, we will notify you of such other purposes at the time of obtaining your consent, unless processing of the applicable data without your consent is permitted by the Privacy Laws.
Disclosure of Personal Data
In normal circumstances, We routinely share your information with :
- To third-party companies and individuals who are in charge of School security and visitor attendance record.
- To third-party companies and individuals, service providers, who facilitate our website; host the website on our behalf and who assist us in analysing how our website is used. They are obliged not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- To prevent or investigate any fraud, unlawful activity, omission or misconduct, whether relating to your use of our Services or any other matter arising from your relationship with us, and whether or not there is any suspicion of the aforementioned.
Apart from these regards, School will only use your personal information in our internal operations and keep your personal data confidential unless you have given the written consent to such disclosure or it is within the ambit of permitted.
Period of Personal Data Retention
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary either to fulfil the purposes we collected it for or for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We will retain data after completion of your course where we have obtained your consent, where required by law e.g. for tax purposes, or where required to protect our legitimate interests. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and any applicable legal requirements. After this period we will use our best endeavours to securely destroy your personal information.
We implement a variety of security measures to ensure the security of your personal data on our systems. User personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of employees who have special access rights to such systems and/or third-parties who take responsibility to process your data under agreement to protect your personal data.
We endeavour to protect your personal data by establishing security measures in accordance with the principles of confidentiality, integrity, and availability to prevent loss, unauthorised or unlawful access, destruction, use, alteration, or disclosure including administrative safeguard, technical safeguard, physical safeguard and access controls.
Information Collected by Third Parties
Disclaimer Regarding Security and Third Party Sites
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may choose various third party websites to link to, and frame within, the Site. We may also participate in co-branding and other relationships to offer other services and features to our visitors. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies as well as security arrangements. Even if the third party is affiliated with us, we have no control over these linked sites, each of which has separate privacy and data collection practices independent of us. Data collected by our co-brand partners or third party web sites (even if offered on or through our Site) may not be received by us.
We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content, security arrangements (or lack thereof) and activities of these linked sites. These linked sites are only for your convenience and you therefore access them at your own risk. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and the links placed upon each of them and therefore welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including, without limitation, if a specific link does not work).
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
This notice is to explain how we look after your personal information. If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, The DPO Team can answer any questions which you might have. Please speak to the DPO Team if you would like to exercise any of your rights listed above or you would like us to update the information we hold about you or you would prefer that certain information is kept confidential.
|Name||: Bromsgrove International School Thailand – DPO Team|
|Address||: 55 Mu 9 Suwinthawong 15 Saensaeb Minburi Bangkok 10510|
If you consider that we have not acted properly when using your personal information, you has the right to file a complaint in the vent that the Data Controller or the Data Processor, including the employees or the services providers of the Data Controller or the Data Processor violates or does not comply with Personal Data Protection Act, B.E. 2562 (2019), or notifications issued in accordance with Personal Data Protection Act, B.E. 2562 (2019) by this contact information.
|Name||: Office of the Personal Data Protection Committee|
|Address||: The Government of Complex Commemorating His Majesty The King’s 80th Birthday Anniversary Rattha Prasasan Bhakti Building Chaengwattana Road Lak Si Bangkok 10210.|